I love this time of year, mostly because of the good cheer but also because of the yummy indulgences that I try to ordinarily avoid (with not so much success) the rest of the year. Friends often pop around (Hallelujah!) with homemade biscuits and cards and we take homemade food gifts to our friends and to share at get-together’s. Here is a list of some really great recipes that I have collected from my favourite foody blogs for you to try that will make wonderful gifty treats or maybe (like me) you will just make them for yourself and gorge yourself this Festive Season? (Gwyn)
2. This is one of the best inspirational handmade blogs. Clementine Macaroons with Citrus Cream Filling, Ez of Creature Comforts Blog links to the original recipe and gives free printable labels for gifting!
5. Traditional Blinis are always a hit at Christmas parties and go great with anything sparkly and delicious. Buckwheat-Cheddar Blini with Smoked Salmon (by Sophie Griegson) are tried and tested, sometimes I like to add a wee dollop of cream cheese (instead of the sour cream) with parma ham (instead of the smoked salmon). From the Food and Wine website.
7. Yey for minced pies! I have found it hard to find good mince pies in Canada (unless you spend a small fortune) so I am always on the look out for a good recipe, and here it is by the foxy Nigella Lawson!
8. Brandy Snaps were always a wintery tradition in our house, they are truly delicious and something to show off at dinner parties with a lovely glass of, yep, Brandy… This recipe by The Pioneer Woman has transformed what I always thought to be a tricky dessert into a real pleasure.
10. My favourite food blog What Katie Ate (thanks to Katie’s amazing cooking+photography skills) has lots of wonderful Christmas recipe ideas. I thought a jar of one of these would be a welcomed gift in any home Hot Smoked Salmon Paté; Peach, Apple, Chilli Chutney; Sour Rhubarb Paste for Cheese.
If you try some of these, let us know? We would love to hear how they turn out…
We will be back in the New year with new posts and a new schedule.
In the meantime take care.
Gwyn & Tamra xox