Wow, I actually got to see The Great Gatsby on Monday night, what a feast for the eyes (good old Baz Luhrmann). Gosh, I wanted to be in one of Jay Gatsby‘s big parties so bad, with a huge champagne coupe filled with lovely bubbly… I spotted some great Deck Chairs during a swimming and beach scene on the day Daisy Buchanan (Carey Mulligan) and Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio) met again through Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire), and it inspired this post today.
1. Did you see they had that lovely set-up on the beach with Deck Chairs, nearly exactly like our Venice Beach.
2. Loved the changing chalet’s. I found this tent and thought it would be great for the demure, but even better to house the bar! Portofino Pavilion by Z Gallerie
3. I must say all those amazing cocktails and huge champagne Coupe’s filled to the brin=m with champers tortured my pregnant self. You can find lots of choices online: Monique Lhuillier Waterford Champagne Coupes, Set of 2 in Blush or the more classic Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Saucer Champagne 9.5-oz
4. I don’t think I would ever read this again, most of the characters are so sickening. But this would look lovely on the book shelf Stunning Coralie Bickford Smith cover for Penguin, find it on on Amazon
5. Some very cute and very affordable Madewell jewellery that you can wear everyday.
6. The Great Gatsby Collection by Tiffany & Co. Seed Pearl Bracelet is to die for.
7. The Great Gatsby Collection Black Solid White-Tipped Square End Bow Tie by Brook Brothers. In fact chaps you can shop other outfits inspired by the movie here!
8. I would love to throw a Great Gatsby party, I found some lovely themes and ideas on Style Me Pretty. Photography: Aruna B. Photography, Event Design: Dooby Designs
9. Perfect Alena Shoe by Chrissie Morris
10. Tiffany & Co. Ziegfeld Collection Jay Gatsby cufflinks
11. And the ultimate clutch bag: Lily Medium Crystal Oval Clutch by Marchesa
12. And what wonderful costumes, fabrics and dresses. Especially noticed some gorgeous suit fabrics that reminded me of our Moolak Deck Chair and fabric.
13. So many beautiful Art Deco and Flapper inspired dresses out there. Love this from Temperley of London…