Outdoor weddings have become increasingly popular over the last few years and it’s easy to see why. The relaxed atmosphere, gorgeous natural setting, and beautiful photos are enough to make any bride swoon. Spring/Summer is the season for an outdoor soiree as Mother Nature generously does most of the decorating for you. From garden settings, to cliff tops, to your back yard, here are some handy tips and inspiration for an al fresco event to remember.
Outdoor Weddings; Handy Tips and Inspiration
The most important thing when choosing a ceremony spot is to designate a focal point for the altar. A tree works wonderfully for this!
If there are no trees handy, a rustic arbor or doorway is lovely!
Even during a short ceremony, guests will appreciate some extra touches to keep them comfortable. Paper fans, bug spray, and something to sip on are great staples to put at the entrance.
For an evening wedding, keep in mind that it will get dark. String lights are attractive and functional.
Don’t try to compete with the beauty of nature, you won’t win. One of the best things about an outdoor wedding is that you can just embrace what you have around you and feel free to keep the decor simple.
Lastly, for any wedding you want to make sure it represents you and your significant other. Outdoor weddings often provide the spatial freedom to add unique touches that give the event some personality. Here are 5 fun ideas to add some flair to your big day.
5 Fun ideas for your outdoor wedding:
1. Comfy Chairs. No one can resist a cushy spot to sit, especially when the chairs are so cute! These sling-back Deck Chairs would work perfect at a beach wedding, or as a casual spot during a cocktail hour.
2. Fun Photo Booth. Like peanut butter and jelly, someone has finally found the perfect combination; a photo booth and a vintage VW Bus. This is the perfect addition to a retro bohemian outdoor wedding.
3. Unexpected Treats. Guests love a variety of food. When selecting your menu, consider the time of the year and what the temperature will be like. This vintage bicycle ice cream cart is a great way to add something refreshing, unique, and yummy!
4. Set Up Camp. For the true outdoorsy couple, there’s nothing more appropriate than having a campground wedding & inviting guests to stay for the weekend.
5. Tent with a View. When having an outdoor wedding, you always have to be prepared for unhelpful weather. If you are forced to have a tent, consider an unexpected clear one that provides coverage without compromising a romantic night under the stars.
Did you have an outdoor wedding? Or are you planning one? We’d love to hear about your tips and ideas.