It’s the best time of year for that fabulously relaxing trip to the seaside and we’ve put together a list of What to Take to The beach so you don’t have to worry about what to pack. Whether it’s family time, a girl’s trip, or a romantic getaway, here are some essentials that should be included on your packing list.
What to Take to The Beach
1. Nice Beach Towels. A beach towel can never be too big or too soft. There’s nothing worse than a rough sandpaper towel grinding sand into your sunburnt shoulders. Do yourself a favour and invest in a nice one and make room in your packing gear. Your skin will thank you!
2. Large Beach Tote. It always seems that everything one packs for a day on the beach takes up a lot of space: big beach towel, hat, sunscreen, book, snacks, water bottle, snorkel, foam pool noodle. Keep your hands as free as possible with a large bag. Like the beach towel, consider the type of fabric especially when it comes to the straps. Leather or raffia material can be extra scratchy when it gets wet.
3. Cooler. The fewer treks up and down from the house or hotel to the beach the better. A durable cooler can make a world of difference on the number of hauls. Pack it with lots of water, a cooling towel, and snacks for more hours relaxing on the beach and less waddling through the sand.
4. Umbrella or Tent. While the sun is wonderful and the breeze is so nice oceanside, it’s still so important to monitor how much time you spend baking. Umbrellas are the standard, but consider a fun tent for a fun out of the sun vibe.
5. Cool and Casual Attire. The last thing you want to do on your final beach trip of the summer is to spend hours getting ready for dinner. Before packing, plan out your wardrobe and go with versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched. Ladies, consider some skirts and maxi dresses that can be dressed up or down. Wedges and sandals will pair with all beachy outfits. A floppy hat or fedora should be included as well. Gentlemen, lightweight shorts or linen pants are perfect with a loose button down or polo.
6. Entertainment. This can come in many forms, depending on your personality. My suggestions are books, magazines, deck of cards, bocce, paddle ball set, frisbee, and wireless speaker that connects to your phone or tablet. Include one or more of these items on your packing list to prevent any impulse shopping once you arrive.
7. Beauty Essentials. While I don’t consider cosmetics to be an important aspect of this particular trip, you don’t want to forget about your hair and skin which may not be huge fans of the sun and surf. Make sure to include the following items on your beach packing list: Sunscreen (for body and face), chapstick with sunblock, aloe, detangle spray for hair, hydrating lotion, and misting face spray. Keep them all in a cute beachy pouch for easy locating.
Hope you get to relax and restore,