Pool parties are some of the most casual and versatile parties you can throw. They are fun for all ages and when the sun is at its hottest, this can be the best way to entertain outdoors. Here are 5 tips to throwing the perfect pool party bash.
How to Plan the Perfect Pool Party
1. Send Out Invitations. A pool party should be self-explanatory, but this isn’t always the case. Some people just use the pool as a setting, while others are expecting the party to happen in the water. Send out invitations (either in the mail or via email) and let people know what the expectations are. If you’re swimming, make sure to tell guests to pack their suit.
2. Consider the Time. Even if you’re planning to be submerged most of the time, don’t plan your party for the hottest time of the day. Late morning tends to be the best time so those that aren’t interested in swimming won’t be condemned to an afternoon of sweat stains.
3. Swim Versus Sink. If you expect people to enjoy the water, don’t offer a heavy menu of food. Grilling out is always a great option for an evening party, or consider a light lunch of sandwiches, fruit, veggies, etc. Bloated bellies don’t tend to be comfortable making bikini appearances.
4. Provide Comforts. Think about items people need when they are spending a day at the pool. Sunscreen, cold drinks, dry towels, comfy chairs, floats, and pool toys. Many guests may bring their own, but when playing host it’s always nice to make people feel at home.
5. Create a Playlist. Unless you are hosting a poetry reading, prayer group, or movie night, no party should be without some music. Even if it’s just simply for background noise. Create a fun playlist and make sure it’s playing when the first guest arrives. Might we suggest our Summer 2015 Playlist?
Cool Cover Image via