The front entryway truly sets the tone and expectation for the design of your home. Even those who will never cross the threshold can get a glimpse into your personal style. Whether you have a sprawling covered porch or a simple stoop, here are some great inspiration pics that are definitely Pinterest worthy…
How to Style Your Front Entryway
1. Keep it Balanced. What makes these entrances look so great is the symmetry. Whether you’re using potted plants, light fixtures, or other decor pieces, keeping the size and levels similar will keep your front door as the main focal point.
2. Roll Out the Welcome Mat. Literally. Every front entryway should be adorned with a multi- functional mat. Not only are they inviting, they also keep the footprints in your foyer at bay.
3. Let There be Light. No one wants to walk up to a dimly lit door. Make sure you have good lights; either pendent style, wall lights or a ceiling fixture with working bulbs for a cozy look.
4. Change it Up. Your front porch area is the perfect pallet to reinvent every few months. No matter what your style, you can find an array of ideas that will work with holidays or simply by the season.
5. Sit For A Spell. Depending on how much space you have, offering a swing, deck chairs, seating group, or simply a chair will instantly add warmth to your front entry.
6. Pop of Colour. Who says your door has to be wooden or a boring white? A little burst of colour will add character.
7. Don’t Overdo It. It’s easy to get carried away with tons of “things”. As with most design elements, often times less is more. You don’t want the front of your home to look cluttered.